The Abilitech™ Assist is for individuals with neuromuscular weakness of their arms, and patients need intrinsic strength to benefit from this technology. This level of function is correlated to a manual muscle test score of a 2- to a 3+ for shoulder and elbow flexion.
• Grade two pressure injury or greater in area that may be impacted by the device wear
• Significantly unstable upper extremity joints
• Unhealed bone fractures in the upper extremities
• Inability to perform passive shoulder abduction of 120 degrees
• Inability to perform 90 degrees of passive elbow extension.